More than a decade ago, African American leaders recognized the need to engage and empower professionals and business owners.
Since then, United Way’s Key Club has become a leader among African American philanthropic initiatives nationwide. In fact, Key Club members have contributed more than $7 million to United Way of Central Ohio’s efforts to improve lives and strengthen our community.
Together, we have realized the following accomplishments:
- Increased the number of Key Club households to 487 from 57 in 1997.
- Established the African American Leadership Academy, committed to training young professionals for leadership roles in our community.
- Raised awareness regarding philanthropic giving within the African American community.
- Increased the dollars invested in United Way-funded programs by the African American community.
United Way’s LIVE UNITED theme offers a fresh new call to central Ohioans. A call to give, to advocate, to volunteer. Key Club offers you ways to accomplish all three, and in addition, to enjoy professional and social networking opportunities with others who believe in opportunities for all in our community.
Join us. United, we can make a difference.
All African American households that invest $1,000 or more in United Way of Central Ohio may be recognized as Key Club members. Spouses and partners may combine their respective gifts to receive recognition as Key Club members.
Key Club offers a variety of professional and social events throughout the year, including:
- Members-only networking events
- Professional development opportunities
- Educational forums
- Community service projects
Key Club does not have any expected attendance requirements; you may select the activities most important to you.
Key Club members receive special recognition throughout the year and have opportunities to:
- Interact with central Ohio’s most influential leaders
- Meet like-minded African Americans
- Work to promote balance and inclusion in our community
Key Club members may also hold membership in other United Way giving groups, including:
- Young Leadership Group – investment of $2,500 and donor age 45 or younger
- Cinquefoil Fellowship – investment of $5,000 or more
- Alexis de Tocqueville Society – investment of $10,000 or more
- 1885 Society – make a planned gift